Does anyone else catch themselves taking in WAY too many hours of screen time?! I mean my entire job revolves being on a screen but you know those mindless scrolling hours on IG or TikTok. Sometimes I look up at the clock and I am like Lord have mercy, I need to do something different or more productive with my time!! Don’t get me wrong, somedays my me time involves just laughing my butt off at TikTok for an hour…but somedays I want something different. I’ve decided that I need to start reading more. I asked you guys for some good book recommendations and let me tell you.. a few of these won by a landslide! I will definitely be adding them to my Amazon cart.
In no particular order, these were some of the most frequently suggested books from you guys:
- Where The Crawdads Sing by Delia Owens
- The Couple Next Door by Shari Lapena
- Verity by Colleen Hoover
- Educated by Tara Westover
- Little Fires Everywhere (also on Hulu now) by Celeste Ng
- Untamed by Glennon Doyle
- Firefly Lane by Kristin Hannah
- The Last Mrs. Parrish by Liv Constantine
I also had a few parenting books that were shared repeatedly and I thought it would be fun to share them for those of you who are interested.
- Raising Grateful Kids In An Entitled World by Kristin Welch
- Raising A Secure Child by Kent Hoffman
- Dare To Discipline by Dr. James Dobson
- How To Talk So Little Kids Will Listen by Joanna Faber
My goal is to get in my comfies (as Jake and I like to call them) and finish one book a month. That might not sound like a lot but it is a starting point! I found these joggers from Jockey and they are SO incredibly comfortable. I will be living in them. Jockey always has the best items for maximum comfort. I have worn their bras and underwear for years and now I am discovering their loungewear. Now here’s to hoping that I don’t curl up in these comfy clothes and doze off instead of reading my book! LOL!