We love to serve these with homemade ranch! This ranch is great for dipping chips and veggies or for serving with fajitas/tacos!
This Jalapeno Ranch is kind of one of those recipes that you have to measure with your heart. I promise you cannot mess it up.
You will need a packet of ranch dressing mix, buttermilk, cilantro, and jalapenos. You throw it all in a blender to your desired spice and consistency! (To thin it out a bit, add water if needed.)
Stuffed Pepper Ingredients
- 1-pound lean ground beef
- 1 small onion diced
- 2 ribs celery diced
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 small tomato chopped
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 15-ounce can black beans rinsed
- 1 7-ounce roasted green chiles chopped
- 1 cup frozen corn defrosted
- 1 1/2 cups cooked long grain rice
- 1/4 cup cilantro leaves chopped
- 6-8 orange bell peppers
- 1 cup pepper jack cheese shredded
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Brown the ground beef in a large fry pan over medium to medium high heat until the ground beef is cooked almost through. Add the celery, onion, and garlic and cook until vegetables are softened. Stir in tomato, tomato paste, chili powder, cumin, salt and pepper and cook for 4-5 minutes. Stir in green chiles, corn, black beans, and cilantro.
- While the mixture is cooking, cut off the tops of the bell peppers and set aside. Scoop out the ribs and seeds of the peppers. Cut out desired Jack-O-Lantern faces. Place in a microwave safe dish, add 1/4 cup of water to bottom of dish, add peppers with tops on. Microwave 4-5 minutes until peppers become soft.
- Transfer softened peppers to a baking dish and fill peppers to the top with mixture. Top with shredded pepper jack cheese and place tops on. Bake for 15-20 or until peppers are tender and cheese is browned. Serve hot.