Ahh Spring time… flowers are blooming, sun is shining, new clothes are being purchased, but.. with Spring time, has come an increase in tension and what you would say, increased bullying. I wanted to use this platform, I guess is what you would call it (I never know what to call my job title lol) to talk about spreading kindness. This world is a tough, trying, scary place sometimes, BUT I know with my whole heart, that it is also a community and a great place to live. I think often times we get so caught up in the hustle and bustle of life, whether it be world events, work, kids… and forget how to treat people. Today I wanted to share a few things and a few quotes that I swear by and live by. A few years back, I did some major soul searching. I was grump all the time, I was high strung, I was always stressed out, I was quick to judge a situation or person, and I just always felt ‘bleh’. I started to think- ‘this isn’t me??’, ‘This isn’t how my family raised me’… what am I doing wrong and how can I change it? I needed a reset button. A full blown mind reset. I am not saying I am perfect, I have it all together, or even know what the heck I am talking about lol, but, I will say this has TRULY truly helped me physically and mentally.
1. Say something nice. I don’t care who it is too, and I don’t care what you say. Make it a point to say something KIND to someone, every single day. In person, or online… just say it! Now, this was a hard one for me to implement in the beginning. I am a fairly shy person so getting me to talk to people I don’t know, and be the person to initiate it… HARD NO- in the past. I started out small, with people I knew. Girl bagging your groceries- “your shirt is really cute!”.. simple as that! It starts to change your mindset!! Making people smile feels so good!!!! One of my favorite quotes: “People will forget what you said. People will forget what you did. But people will NEVER forget how you made them feel”… Be the person that changes someones day. That made them feel happy, and pretty, and enough.
2. Have a routine. It is good for you, which is in turn good for everyone else. Every morning, I have my set routine which works for ME. It has changed my whole mindset. I am a happier person because of it.
3. If you don’t have anything nice to say- don’t say it. I mean this in the nicest way, sister- but your opinion is not the greatest thing since sliced bread. Your negative opinion of someone does not matter even in the slightest. Your opinion of someone will not change who they are, or what they do. Just because YOU don’t like it, doesn’t mean YOU are right. Keep your mouth shut and keep on trucking.
4. Work hard, stay in your own lane, and don’t care what color the grass is on the other side. YOU ARE YOU. You do not need to be where anyone else is. You do not have the same past as any other person on earth. It does not matter what Sally is doing with her life, or where Jim is living, or what Mary is saying. You do YOU. Work hard. Stay focused on your own lane.
5. Number 5 supports number 4. I feel like the world has grown this ‘Bad b****” mentality. No. No need for that. Its silly and gets you nowhere. Yes, be great. Work hard, hustle, stay in your own lane… BUT BE GENUINELY HAPPY for the people around you. Tell them they are doing a good job. Be proud of them and realize there is enough room for all of us to succeed.
6. This supports number 4 as well- we are all in different seasons of life. Do not judge your season or someone else season in life. They may have started before you.
7. Saving the best for last, or should I say, the most impactful for me. YOU DO YOU. Wow, it has taken me basically my whole life to truly believe and feel this. I still have troubles sometimes, but have gotten so much better. You will never be everyones cup of tea, and that is OKAY. It is human. I do not get along with everyone either.. it’s the way of the world. There will be people that cross your path that don’t like you, and let you know it. That says WAY more about them, then it does you. Stay true to yourself and do not change.
Favorite quotes that I have printed out and posted in my house:
“If you treat people with kindness, love will always find you”
“What they hate in you, is missing in them. Keep shining.”
“Doubt kills more dreams than failure ever will.”
“Don’t adapt to the energy in the room- influence the energy in the room.”
*I would love for y’all to share your favorite quotes in the comments!*
Now, onto my outfit: second important to my character. Found the cutest floral prints while I was at Walmart this week and snagged a few to share with y’all! I haven’t worn tops like this since having Cooper and it feels so good! This top is comfy, cute, and makes me feel confident! My THREE FAVORITE C’s. Walmart has so many great spring items coming out right now online, which I will link up right here: Latest Trends | Fashion Finds | Hottest Brands – Walmart.com Also, these shoes are SO cute! I have had them for almost two years and they are actually from Walmarts premium brands line, so they are designer! What are y’all wanting to see from Walmart this spring? Activewear? Dresses? Denim?? I love it all- you tell me!