- Hawaiian Ham Sliders
- Dr.Pepper BBQ Pulled Pork Sandwiches
- Alfredo & Pesto Pasta
- BBQ Chicken Salad
Hawaiian Ham Sliders
- 1 lb Honey Ham (Sliced thin)
- 1 package of Swiss Cheese (sliced thin)
- 12 pack of King’s Hawaiian Rolls
- 1 stick of butter (melted)
- 2 Tablespoons of Worcestershire Sauce
- 1 1/2 Teaspoons of Dried Ground Mustard
- 1 1/2 Teaspoons of Poppy Seeds
- *Optional* Trader Joe’s Onion Salt
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a 9×13 baking dish, lay the bottom half of the Hawaiian rolls. (I find it easier to just slice through the middle to separate the top and bottom while they are still one whole piece. Do not break up in to individual rolls.) Distribute all of the ham and all of the cheese slices evenly across the bottom half of the rolls. Place the top half of the rolls back on.
Melt the 1 stick of butter in a microwaveable bowl. Add in the Worcestershire sauce, ground mustard and poppy seeds to the melted butter. Stir mixture and pour over the top of the rolls. Sprinkle Trader Joe’s Onion Salt over the top if you want to add this step. Cover the dish with tin foil and bake in the oven for 30 minutes.
These are great for parties, potlucks, or even just for dinner at home!
Dr.Pepper BBQ Pulled Pork -CrockPot Meal
- 1.5 lb Pork Tenderloin or Pork Shoulder
- 10 oz Dr.Pepper
- Lawhorn’s Signature Seasoning
- Bone Suckin’ Sauce Poultry Seasoning & Rub (Trust me on this one!)
- 18oz Sweet Baby Ray’s BBQ Sauce
Place the pork tenderloin or shoulder in your CrockPot. Pour in 10 oz of Dr.Pepper. Generously coat the pork with both seasonings. You can even turn it over and coat on both sides. It will make the Dr.Pepper bubble up, but it’s fine! Cook for desired amount of time. I typically do 6 hours and then let it sit on warm until dinner time. At the end of the 6 hours, drain the juices from the CrockPot and use something to shred the pork. You can use two forks, a hand mixer, or a hand shredder (GREATEST invention EVER!) Once the pork is shredded, add the entire bottle of Sweet Baby Rays. Allow the pork to soak up the sauce and sit for at least 10 minutes.
Serve on a hamburger bun. (I prefer King’s Hawaiian Buns) It goes great with coleslaw and mac & cheese!
Alfredo & Pesto Pasta
- 1 box of angel hair pasta
- 1 lb of ground Italian sausage
- 1 teaspoon of minced garlic
- 8-10 cherry tomatoes (quartered)
- 8oz jar of Classico Traditional Basil Pesto Sauce
- 15oz jar of Classico Creamy Alfredo Pasta Sauce
- Parmesan Cheese
- *Optional* Red Pepper Flakes
In a medium sized skillet, brown the Italian sausage and minced garlic. Ground up the meat and push it to one side. Add in the cut up cherry tomatoes and stir together. Leave on the heat long enough to heat up the tomatoes and soften the skin (about 5 minutes). In a large pot boil water and cook the angel hair pasta according to box directions. In a saucepan or microwaveable bowl, combine the alfredo sauce and pesto sauce. Warm up to desired temperature. Once the noodles are cooked and drained, combine the noodles, sausage mixture and sauce together. Stir and generously top with parmesan cheese.
Serve with a caesar salad and garlic bread!
BBQ Chicken Salad
- 1 lb chicken breasts
- Fajita Seasoning *The best EVER!!*
- 1 bag of Garden Mix Salad Greens
- 1 can of Corn (drained) *Only use 1/2 can*
- 1 can of Black Beans (drained and rinsed) *Only use 1/2 can*
- 1 tomato (diced)
- 1 package of Santa Fe Tortilla Strips
- 1 cup of Shredded Mexican Cheese
- Hidden Valley Ranch
- Sweet Baby Ray’s BBQ sauce
Generously season the chicken breasts with fajita seasoning and cook them how ever you choose. I bake mine in the oven at 375 degrees for about 30-35 minutes depending on thickness. Cut up the chicken into small pieces/cubes or small strips. In a large bowl, pour the bag of lettuce greens, diced tomato, cup of cheese, tortilla strips, beans, corn, and chicken. Drizzle desired amount of both the ranch and the BBQ sauce over the top and mix it all together. I usually add a little bit more of each dressing after I mix it really good, just in case it needs it! I have had these salad tosser hands for forever and they work great so big salads like this!
Super quick and easy summer meal! Great if served with chips and guacamole or cheese quesadillas. Also great just by itself!